Meta key doesn’t work on iTerm. To fix this, go to Prefs > Profiles > Keys. Set “Left option key acts as” to +Esc.
Looking up documentation
C-h f command-name- find which hotkey is assigned to the command.
C-h k key- find what a hotkey does
My setup for opening my Jekyll blog in emacs
jekyll serve in a shell buffer.
Now I can get my Jekyll blog running by:
Trying out spacemacs
$ brew update $ brew install emacs –with-cocoa $ brew linkapps emacs
git clone https://github.com/syl20bnr/spacemacs ~/.emacs.d
Get mouse scrolling to work on iTerm2
Vim to evil-mode
- Towards a vim-like Emacs
- From Vim to Emacs in Fourteen Days
- My Descent Into Evil
- From Vim to Emacs+Evil chaotic migration guide
- Setting up Emacs as Ruby development environment on OSX
- Vim in Emacs Bootstrap
- Configuring emacs and evil mode for Go development
- Emergency Elisp - excellent tutorial for elisp by Steve Yegge