CS paper recommendations and lists
- 10 Papers Every Programmer Should Read (At Least Twice) - list by Michael Feathers
- 10 Technical Papers Every Programmer Should Read (At Least Twice) - list by Michael Fogus
- The Original ‘Lambda Papers’ by Guy Steele and Gerald Sussman
- Papers recommended on Lambda the Ultimate
- What papers should everyone read? - discussion on cstheory.stackexchange
Papers I’ve read
Reflections on Trusting Trust (Ken Thompson, 1984) - Turing Award lecture.
To what extent should one trust a statement that a program is free of Trojan horses? Perhaps it is more important to trust the people who wrote the software.
Why Functional Programming Matters (John Hughes, 1990)
Haskell vs. Ada vs. C++ vs. Awk vs. … An Experiment in Software Prototyping Productivity (Paul Hudak, Mark P. Jones, 1994)